Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh, What have I done?

I gave Brent a tablet for Christmas. It does pretty much everything an iPad does but it's a different Brand. He can't figure out how to use it but was interested in the fact that it could be an eReader. I bought myself an eReader for Christmas. Since he is technically challenged when it comes to computers and gadgets, I told him I would send that back and get him either a real iPad (he seemed to think these are easier to use) or a 13 or 14 in laptop. He liked that idea so we went to Best Buy yesterday to look. The geek told us (told Brent because I already knew but Brent won't listen to me) all about the differences between the prices on the iPads and between those and laptops. He decided it might be better to go with a laptop but the one he liked was sold out. We wandered around a little and ended up in the Apple section. The geek was telling us about the Apple computers and laptops and somehow, I am not sure when but we ended up walking out of the store with a brand new huge iMac. I just measured the monitor and it's more than 30 inches diagonally. The nice thing about this computer is that the cpu is built into the monitor so the puppies have no wires and cables to chew on under my desk. It will take a little bit of getting used to the different types of functions but I'll get there...unless I change my mind and take it back to the store.

I should add here that when we got into the truck, I told Brent that my stomach hurt and we should not have bought it. I told him he should not have encouraged me and he replied: "I didn't hear you say 'No' ".

I really did need a new computer. My other one contracted a nasty virus and although they were able to recover many of my files, I continued to experience virus issues. With a Mac, I won't get a virus.


This keyboard is real small. There's no 10-key on the side but since I am not working anymore, I don't really need it.

Brent's alternate gift: He wants to get his jeep fixed instead. This way, he can drive that to work, saving on fuel and I can use his truck instead of my stupid little firebird that is so hard to get in and out of.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Oh Terrie we all feel a little buyers remorse from time to time especially with larger more expensive items! But it sounds like a good investment to me since you've had viruses and with the dogs and all. Speaking of dogs, are you keeping all of them?
Love Di ♥

Terrie said...

Hi Di,
Puppies for Sale! No, we can't keep them all but so far, I haven't had even a call. I don't know what to do at this point.
Terrie

The Brownings said...

are you amazed at the speed? Guess you didn't know that normal computers were fast ;) I think you should take it back and get something cheaper! There are cheaper things out there you know! oh well, money already spent. yes dad, fix the jeep, sell the firebird. xoxoxo

Unknown said...

good thing I don't have a clue about computers, I just let Mike do his thing....and wha-la I have a very fast computer with a lot of speed. Don't even know what it is.... sad huh???? lol Glad you have something you like though...since you are computer literate!