Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Time to Catch Up

Well, I failed on my commitment to post at least once a week. As always, I have an excuse. I was able to get all my orders out for Christmas except one. Thank heavens for good friends who understand. I will make it up to her though and her little girls will have beautiful nightgowns to wear for New Years eve. I don't normally sew for children but some friends are worth it. Keersten, If you read this, I promise, they will be done on Friday and I will bring them to you so you don't have to pack the girls out in this cold weather.

Christmas was super crazy this year. I didn't even get my tree up until Christmas Eve and it never would have gone up had it not been for Jessica and her son. Brayden hauled everything up from the garage and Jessica decorated the tree for me. Brayden worked so hard for me. He even cleaned off the deck, including hosing off the floor mat that the puppies had done their deed on.

We had a wonderful party on Christmas Eve with my family; Brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, kids, grandkids and anyone else I may not have mentioned. I cooked a ham, olliebollen, soup and provided the chocolate fountain. Others brought crackers, drinks, dips, cheese balls, rolls and fruit for the fountain and we all had a great time together. Me with Kim and Jenny.
From L to R: Ed, Linda, Me, Glen and Ron. Missing my oldest brother Hans, he was not feeling well and my brother Rick who lives in Colorado.


Christmas day, we went to Brent's parent's house and spent time with his family. Everyone got to meet Jeff's Jessica, her two kids Brayden and Avery and of course, Jeffs baby girl Rylie. This is the only picture I got on Christmas day: Rylie did not like wearing this dress and she will most likely never wear it again. She had such an ornery cry the entire time she had it on.

After bowling on Sunday, Jenny's SIL came over to snap a few family pictures. Normally, I ask everyone to dress similar or at least wear nice clothes but this time I didn't even make Brent or Jeff shave. The only rule was that no one could wear a hat. Jessica (Jenny's SIL, not Jeff's Jess) sent me the pictures yesterday and with a few tweaks with Photoshop, I think we'll have a group shot that I can hang on my family photo wall. Below are some of the photos that were taken.


Sunday evening, we had Rylie blessed. Brent's dad performed the blessing. I had plans on making Rylie's dress but I ran out of time. Instead, she wore the dress Jenny wore when she was blessed. (No, I didn't make that one either).


A few other pics I took Sunday night of the other grandkids playing on the stairs at Brent's parent's house. I don't know what it is about those stairs but the kids always love to play on them.






Finally, a little quiet time with me and Rylie. After three exhausting days, she and I sat on my bed the night before Jeff took his family home to Arizona. I am really missing this little angel.


4 comments:

bjk said...

Terrie, it was worth the wait. Any time you have such cute pictures, you can miss a week of posting IMO. Can I live in your closet under the stairs, just to be part of such a cute family?

Diana said...

Finally, pictures!!! That little Rylie reminds me very much of my Kate Terrie. She always says,"Why don't people get that I'm just not a girly girl? And whats wrong with that?".
What can I say really?
It's a bit early to tell yet!! Looks like you all had fun in spite of the last minute rush! Sometimes that makes for the best times, hope you have a Happy New Year Terrie!
Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

AHH sis, these were worth waiting for! You look so wonderful! so pretty! and Riley, oh she is so adorable. It was so fun talking to everyone at the party on Christmas Eve. Mom and Dad were smiling I am sure of it! What a special moment to have Riley blessed. I bet that Jenny was very proud she could wear her dress! WOW it is beautiful! A very special baby....blessed by her Great Grandfather! Pretty special I'd say. The spirit must have been "special". Your idea? Love you sis....thanks again for such a wonderful party.

The Brownings said...

I miss my little muffin chops!! It was nice to have the party at home this year! You done good ma!