Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Grounded



There's 6 inches of snow outside today. I took this picture a few minutes ago. This is the snow that's on top of the hot tub cover. Being from Utah, you'd think I would love the snow, skiing, etc but NO, I've never learned to ski and I don't remember the last time I went sledding. Actually, I do but that doesn't matter. I don't like the snow. Sure, it's pretty on the trees and mountains but if you have a car like mine, you will pretty much ground yourself from driving if there's any snow on the streets. The snow has melted off the streets now but I'm still grounded. Why, you ask? Once again, I have neglected my house. I have been sewing and researching stuff and haven't given a thought to my house. I even went bowling all by myself yesterday. I did pretty good too. Three games: 145, 162 and 145. Why can't I get those scores on my league games?
I'm getting antsy and want to go again this afternoon but I've committed to myself that I cannot leave the house until it's clean. Not just the kitchen, but I need to mop the floor, vacuum, dust and fold laundry. I'm doing everything I can to avoid housework. I'm even writing in my blog. Now, that's avoidance!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Well Terrie Dear you're starting to sound like me, always worrying about the house. Why can't you go play in the snow and let hubby clean the house? I know, it was just a silly thought. I love the snow, just don't like driving in it! I just stay home unless it's an emergency! Wish I was there with you, we could open a bottle of wine, put some music on and clean!!! It's more fun that way!
Stay warm my friend. Can you use that hot tub in the winter?
Love Di ♥

Terrie said...

Hi Di, If I could get Hubby to do anything for me, it would be a miracle. That also goes for the hot tub. If he would clean it out and keep the water clean, yes, we could use it during the winter. Unfortunately, we haven't used it for a couple of years although while he's off next week, I think that's going to be on the honey do list.

Diana said...

Hi again Terrie,
Just tell him about all of the people (ME and Jake) who are always talking about how nice it would be to go for a warm soak after working so hard and our bones are sore! We really do! We sit there and say "Gee wouldn't it be nice to go soak in a hot tub, our hips are so sore!" Maybe you could butter him up a bit! Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I HATE THE SNOW, JUST HATE IT! I remember all my birthdays and having to wear dresses as a kid to school and suzy-long-legs, ya know (tights) I would always ruin them with the mud and snow from the sidewalks! did I mention I HATE SNOW! LOVE THE SUN! remember I use to rub crisco on my body and lay out! LOL oh the good ole days! LOVE YOU SIS, hope your business is BOOMING!