Thursday, October 21, 2010

Recent project

Just thought you'd like to see one of my recent projects. Felicity and Elizabeth will soon be sent to the American Girl archives and since I am kicking myself for not buying the last historical character they archived last year, I decided to get them both. I've been wanting Elizabeth for quite some time. She has a unique face that not many of the dolls have. I never cared for Felicity. I don't know if it is the color of her hair or her name or what but I never really wanted her...until now.

I purchased Elizabeth new from American Girl. Isn't she cute?


Here she is with her best friend Felicity, the way Felicity is supposed to look:


I figured I would save a little money and try to buy a Felicity off of eBay. This is what I won!
Pretty SAD, huh?

The day I got her, the first thing I did was pulled off her hair. That's clump of frizz was way beyond salvage. After I took off her wig, I took off her head, pulled all the stuffing out of her body, washed it very well, cleaned her face and head and since it appeared that someone had tried to paint or scratch off her teeth, I repainted those. This doll is an older doll and I've noticed that dolls older than a certain point have little or no color on their lips so I painted new teeth and lips. I got a new wig for her, tightened her limbs, re-stuffed her, re-attached the head, put the new wig on and Viola! I have a beautiful NEW Felicity (gotta change her name though)
Please excuse her nakey body. This was the clearest picture I have. The ones with her dressed are too fuzzy as they were taken with the wrong camera.

3 comments:

Diana said...

You did a great job Terrie. She looks like a totally different doll! I think she looks like a Mary!
Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

oh my word now you are into RE-FURBISHING old dolls! You are totally AMAZING sis! She looks beautiful, I can't wait to see the outfit you decide to dress her in! Hope you are doing well in your business! lots of love and hugs...

Keersten said...

Okay, one more comment. I can't believe you knew how to do all of the doll restoration--you are my doll idol, Terrie! I love the Millicent--that dress is wonderful! Meg would say goldilicious!