Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm such a slacker

I'm such a slacker when it comes to blogging lately. I have lots of excuses; from no time to nothing to blog about. My latest excuse is that It's almost no fun to post unless you have pictures to share. I have a brand new camera. It's a 12 megapixel camera. For some reason, my desk top cannot read the card so I have to load the pics to my mini netbook. Problem is, Blogspot won't allow me to load photos with that high of a resolution without resizing them and the problem with that is my mini doesn't have a photo program that I can use to resize them. This means I have to load on one computer, email to myself, start up my other computer, resize the pics then load to my blog. I haven't had the time to figure out any other way. I'd load one of the many photo programs I have onto my mini but my mini doesn't have a disc drive.

I started this post last night and actually even had quite a bit more that I posted about but when I went to publish it, my mini contracted a bug. It took me another two hours to fix it. NOW, I can't even remember all that I typed.

It's 85 degrees in my bedroom right now. Yes, we have central air and yes, it's cold downstairs but up here it won't cool down. The coolest it gets overnight in my room is 77 degrees. Brent said the coils freeze up and then it stops working. Gotta get that fixed!

It's still not coming to me. I can't remember what my post was about so I will just call it to an end. I'm going to do some reading to catch up on all of your blogs now.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Well I was just thinking about you last night wondering where you went to! Does your new camera have a usb cord? If not how about trying Picasa or Flicker? My daughter is always trying to get me to use Picasa. She sent me the directions and I swear I am going to try it soon. Soon as I get the nerve!!! Anyway I know all about the hot bedroom, mine is upstairs too. I couldn't sleep up there without a window unit. I like it freezing cold at night. My husband thinks I am insane. I use a fan also!! Glad your back, don't care if you have photos or not, just miss whats been going on!
I am happy that you're alright Terrie! Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

Your Dutch photo is absolutely beautiful! Did you take this picture? I bet you did! I love the new layout of your blog. See you are so dang clever. Mine will always look the same. It will never change except the background...and I haven't blogged in over 3 weeks! Ah it will be nice to get my life back together after all the excitement and drama of the last 3 weeks! love you sis...your blog is beautiful like you and get that air fixed! so sorry I didn't come and visit. Natalie and I talked about it several times and them something else would end up happening. I should have had you come to mikes and bring your girls and grandkids! ARGH!

Jerelene said...

Hi Terrie!
Sorry to hear that you are having to suffer from the heat. It sure has been an awfully hot summer even from the start here..and with no relief. I'm not a huge fan of hot weather..so I'm not enjoying it much at all.
I know what you mean about the blogging thing...It's been taking me forever to get my pictures onto our computer. It kind of takes all the fun out of it. Also so many of the friends aren't on much anymore either. I think so many are lost in facebook world :(
I do hope you are doing well and having a nice summer other than the heat:)
Hugs...Jerelene