Sunday, July 25, 2010

As the World Turns

I feel like I have been out of the loop these last several weeks. I hardly have time to read my favorite blogs, let alone write on my own blog. I know, I've said this so many times before and I am sure you're all thinking I'm full of myself or crap, whichever but regardless, I will do my best to catch up.

Work has been busy as usual. Month end is always hectic. One person quit and I had to let another go so I trained one new employee and I've interviewed for the remaining position. Our COO has come out of retirement (thank goodness)and although I did the initial interview, he now wants to make the decision between my top two picks. We've had a higher than usual turn over the last few months. I blame myself for that in part. Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I interviewed in the past that this is a regular full time 8-5 job and somewhat stressful because of the work load. I guess people just think that working from home is a piece of cake. It's not. It takes a person who is focused and can stay focused and not be distracted by the little things going on at home. OK, enough of work talk for now. I will save the rest when I go on my rant next week.

On Friday 7/16, I flew to Arizona so I could go to a shower for my newest grandbaby. She will be born on Sept 3rd and I will be going back then as well. This is Jessica. I can't really call her the mommy to be because she's already a mom and has two kids, 15 and 13. Jessica is a very sweet woman and I know she and my son will be great parents.
Someone had given them a car seat and although it was only 2 years old and in good condition, I wanted to make a new cover for it. Not many car seats are designed for little girls and this one was tan plaid. Not girly in the least. I had Jeff send me the old cover. I picked it apart and used it as a pattern and Voila! a brand new car seat! I also made a matching canopy to keep the baby protected from wind or rain or whatever but because they are in Arizona and it gets so hot, I didn't want her to suffocate under the canopy so I made one with a mosquito net attached so that she can still be a little shaded but will get some air.


Sunday I took Jeff and Jessica to Babies R Us to get some necessary items such as a stoller and swing. Yes, I know. This baby is going to be spoiled by her Oma. I have to because I won't get to see her whenever I want like I do my other grandbabies. I will be going back in September when she is born. Jeff has asked me to come a couple days before to help Jessica get ready and then he would like me to stay for 8 weeks. I am not quite sure I can stay that long. I told Jeff that he will be anxious to get rid of me way before 8 weeks. I think this is something we'll just have to play be ear.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Hi Terrie!
The car seat cover is beautiful but I'm not surprised! Your DIL looks so pretty, I'll bet your excited!
Eight weeks huh? Can you even get away that long? I am happy for you Terrie, new babies are the best.

BTW, Ginny really isn't a web designer although her boyfriend is. He has his own business.But Ginny knows quite a bit herself, that's why I always have her help me. She can always get her boyfriends help if need be. Ginny is a media coordinator for an LED lighting co. I can't remember what the name of Daniel's co. is offhand but I will look it up and send you his URL.
Love Di ♥

Amity said...

Hi Terrie;

I am Amity who blogs at Dreams Are My Reality and I came upon you through Diana...:)

I find your blog interesting and sure, you've got a new follower in me!

You're a very excited granny, the way you speak here in your post! Maybe I would feel like that soon, 8 or 10 years from now...and I could totally relate with your post by then!

Enjoy the next angel in your family. God bless!!! :)

Unknown said...

hey sis, you actually are way ahead of me! at least you caught up! I am still trying to! The girls have been gone for 2 weeks already and I still haven't posted. I read every day but just can't post. I think I am a little depressed...(pain depressed) not wanting to do anything. I think that baby car seat is amazing! You are amazing to have done that by picking apart another car seat, I love the idea of the shear netting and then the privacy cloth! That is a winner and a patent! You should patent that and make orders for just the netting and privacy cover! I am always so AMAZED at your talents, can you get away for that long from work? love you! My sweet talented sister, I am sure you are so excited for this new baby girl!