Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 1

It's not really day 1 of my HCG diet but since the first couple days are "binge" days where you eat as much as you can, whatever you want and to allow the drug to absorb into your system, I am counting today as the official 1st day of my diet. For the next three - four weeks, I am restricted to 500 calories a day. I should lose 1 pound of FAT a day as an incentive. I am not allowed to consume or apply any oils to my body which means I had to find a new shampoo and conditioner, both without oils of any kind. I had to switch deodorant to an aerosol and I cannot use lotion. This is the hardest part for me because I have such dry skin anyway. I have to drink about 2 liters of water a day and I unless I learn to like coffee or tea, this is all I am allowed to drink. Again, this is difficult because I hate water and I hate having to get up from my desk to have to go to the bathroom so many times a day. Forget excercising. With the number of trips I have to take upstairs to the bathroom as well as letting the dogs in and out (because they can't seem to coinside their potty breaks with mine), that's excercise enough for me! But, although I was hungry and wanted something to eat before lunch, I wasn't "dying" and was able to go from 5am to 1pm without anything but water. For lunch I ate 1 apple, 1 tomatoe, 1 piece of Melba toast and 3 oz of chicken. That was a whopping 275 calories. I'm going to have to be careful for dinner since I splurged on lunch. I had a hard time finishing my apple (that I saved as dessert) but it's now 4:40pm and I'm hungry.

I told Brent about this diet needing to be done in segments and you know what he said to me? "So this is going to take a couple of years?" Gee honey, thanks for putting a damper on my enthusiasm. In all reality though,I have about 100 pounds to Looks like I may have to go about 6 rounds of this diet. Between rounds 5 and 6, I have to wait 6 months or the HCG is not effective in what it's supposed to do. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Oh I do wish you luck Terrie. You are a stronger woman than me!
Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

Terrie! I have seen this diet work on several people here, but you have to maintain it once you are done or you gain it all back again. Good Luck sister. I know you can do it! I want to see you HEALTHY! and I want to see you HAPPY! I know you can do it!

Penny said...

Good Luck, of course, to you! You can do this....can you chew gum or pencils when you want to knaw on something? I don't think I have heard of this diet I am interested in your success!!!