Friday, March 12, 2010

Hoarding?

Although I am a little embarrassed to post about this, I'm going to anyway. NO, I'm not the hoarder but sometimes I wonder if Brent may be. This is Brent's "Library". See the books on the shelves?(all those books, he's never even read one all the way through and many are books that people at work have read and leave for the next guy to pick it up. He picks them up then keeps them...just to have them.) That's why I call it his library. The only problem is, you can't even go in there. It's piled high with stuff he doesn't use and even stuff I have thrown in the trash, only to have him pull it out saying, "Hey, I might use that some day". There's a stereo system in here that has not been used in over 2 years. It will never be used again because we now have a Bose system and "once you hear a Bose, you'll never listen to anything else". I don't know what to do with it. I don't want to bother selling it and Brent won't give it away.

What actually brought me to posting about this room is what I first saw when I walked in here to put away the laptop. Do you know anyone else that saves the used tea light candle tins? What on earth is he saving these for?
So, I'll keep the door shut and when my front room is finished, his library will be the next thing to tackle...then the garage!

On a seperate note, look what Lacy did. That's right, it's the phone book. She was trying to show Luke how she could rip a phone book in half with her bare teeth.

4 comments:

Burrell said...

Oh. My. Naughty puppy. And just be glad you can't see my shed. Where my husband stores his own version of "tea light candles". Some day...

Diana said...

First of all I love your new look Terrie. Next, we have a room just like that and we have named it "Happenstance"! Believe it or not I just recently read somewhere, something that you could do with the empty tea light candle holders but for the life of me I can't remember now! It will come back to me. Oh and my husband is also a hoarder of books! Love Ya, Di ♥

Unknown said...

hmmmm LOL

Penny said...

It is a "guy" thing. We have alot of the useless storage stuff at our house too! the older they get the more they forget why they have it and you can sneak it out of the house when they aren't looking. Well, sometimes......