Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday in Orlando

Brent was up and out the door for his first day of training before I got out of bed. I had a horrible night, not sleeping much at all and when I did, I had bad dreams about my poor kitties missing me at home. I got up, showered and dressed and decided to do a little work. I worked for almost a couple hours then decided I needed to go find what was out there. Saturday night as we were coming back from dinner, I noticed that Sea World was a short distance from the hotel so I decided to take a walk. From the hotel to the entrance (through the parking lot at SW)it was about 1.5miles. When I got there, I noticed the prices. $80 for one person to get in. Since I was there only to get some lunch and do a little souvenier shopping, I decided that wasn't worth paying. So I loitered around a little bit, took some photos to say I'd been there, looked in the one gift shop that is outside the gate (didn't buy anything) then left. I walked to the big hotel that is next to the one I am in and went inside. Again, I was hoping for lunch and a gift shop to buy a t-shirt. I only have cold weather clothes and it's too warm here for them. (FYI, all my spring and summer clothes have little holes in the belly from the button on my pants rubbing on the fabric and wearing it out so I didn't pack any of them.) I found a little shop inside this big hotel, bought a t-shirt and headed off to find some lunch. I had some fish and chips at a little bistro in the hotel, nothing to brag about then headed back to the hotel I am staying in to work some more. I worked another couple hours or so and then went out and sat by the pool and read a book. I bought "Dear John" to read on the plane but didn't get to it. Brent got out of his class a little early and was back by 4:15 or so. He came to get the GPS because the big boss called and needed to be picked up from the airport. The rental car is in Brent's name so he had to go. We were to meet them for dinner in 15 minutes.

Boy, dinner with 4 men from a waste water treatment facility is so much fun! At least Tony Roma's was good. Every big Hotel we passed, the "big boss" would say, I tried to book our rooms there but they were all booked up. I counted at least 4 different hotels he said that about. Then we passed the Wynhdham, where we were originally booked and where the convention is, and I am just shaking my head. Why oh why did he think this one would be better? And unless he had as bad of a night's sleep as I did, I think we're stuck here.

After dinner, I Brent stayed in the sports bar in the lobby with a couple of "them" and while he was there, I checked the internet. This room is $109 a night. The hotels right in Disney World are $89 per night and they look much nicer. Besides, they are right there in DW so they have to be clean. I tried to talk Brent into moving for our last three nights here but he said we can't because the company paid for the rooms and we paid the company for our share so it would be too hard. With Disney only 8 miles from where we are, he thinks we are fine.

I decided to go to bed. This time, I pulled the covers down from the side I hadn't been on the night before. We have two double beds so Brent sleeps in one and I in the other. I noticed a crusty stain on the sheets in a place that I had not been. Who knows what it was but I also noticed a smell of mens cologne on one of the three pillows. Brent doesn't wear cologne and hadn't been on that bed. Again,I didn't sleep much at all.

Monday morning I requested the sheets be changed on both beds.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Well I'm sort of speechless. I still can't get over the lumpy bed!
I will pray for you....
Love Di

Unknown said...

OH TERRIE! that is disgusting! AHHH I would be out of there in a heartbeat and Brent could just meet you in Disneyworld! AHHHH! Hope you went down to the drug store and bought a can of lysol!

Jerelene said...

Wow...that's kinda bad ;) I can understand the missing the kitties thing too...I missed the kids and Mickey when I was in the hospital..
Try to have fun despite the obstacles :)
Big hugs...Jerelene