Friday, January 29, 2010

The rest of the week

Needless to say, Brent's boss kept insisting that all the hotels were booked given the fact that the PGA conference was also this week so we kept our room. I had the sheets changed and with me being in the room while they were cleaning, I kind of kept my eye on them to make sure it got done. I still didn't sleep well any of the nights for multiple reasons, mostly because the beds were so uncomfortable. Oh well, what can you expect from a hotel that's basically a super 8 motel but has a few more floors?

I was faithful to my job and worked my full shift each and every day as I had promissed my boss. Monday evening, I was invited to join Brent and his bosses and the head of the compost site in FL with a few other people to go to dinner. We were takne to a place called Maggiano's. I have to say without a doubt, this was the best Italian food I have ever had. The dinner lasted 3.5 hours and although it was so good, they were so busy and the kitchen staff was short handed so we waited nearly an hour between our appatizers and main course. Our dinner was ordered "Family Style" so we were allowed to order 2 appatizers, 2 salads, 2 pastas, two meats and 2 desserts. Boy oh boy, we were so full by the time we were done.

Tuesday and Wednesday were somewhat uneventful. Brent's boss wanted to show us Downtown Disney which is a shopping row of disney stores and eateries. Had I known we were so close to that, and had I know there was a shuttle service from here to there, I would have done that on Sunday.

Thursday, Brent took his bosses to the airport and then came back to pick me up and we headed to Epcot. Honestly, I don't think this is somewhere I would go to again but the fireworks display was truly awesome. I never did understand what Epcot was all about. Now I know.


Friday, it was off to The Magic Kingdom. My feet have been swollen pretty much the entire trip and though I brought my water pills with me, I couldn't take them Thurs or Friday because of the number of trips to the potty I have to make for at least 5 hours after taking them. Stupid pills, they make me go but they don't get rid of the swelling in my ankles like I think they should. So, because my fee are so swollen, I had a very difficult time walking. My sweet husband carried my big pink bag all over the park because it had his water in it and it was too heavy for me.

We had a great time but I have to say, Disneyland in California seems to me to be a better park than Florida. The rides are basically the same but Florida doesn't have the matterhorn. January is definately the time to come though. The weather was beautiful and the ride lines were never more than 15 minutes.



1 comment:

Diana said...

Well at least you were able to slip a little fun in the trip! I loved the photo of you and your hubby Terrie, you are a cute couple! You sound like you will be happy to be home!
Love Di