Sunday, January 24, 2010

Orlando-the hotel

Brent's company sent him to Orlando FL for a training seminar. Since I'd never been to Florida before, I decided to tag along. My plan is to work, as usual but from the hotel room while Brent is in class on Mon, Tue and Wed then on Thur and Fri, we could go to Disney World. Brent was told that they originally booked everyone's rooms at the Wyndham Hotel but because the big boss preferred the Hilton, they changed us to the Hilton Garden Inn. They told Brent that it was a newer, nicer hotel so I'm thinking... well, since Brent's class starts on Sunday, maybe I can schedule myself a spa day or maybe even just go walking around, souvenier shopping. A whole day to myself... this could be fun.

Then as we are getting closer and closer, I began to realize that there is NOTHING around for me to walk to. No shopping, no spa, no souveniers. As we walked into our room, this is the first thing I saw: A lumpy bed...oh great! Then I thought, hum, a feather bed. then I laid on it. Nope, it's just the bedspread that they've washed and the fiberfilling matted up into clumps and the bed, hard as a rock. Brent opens the curtains and this is what we see:
and if you press your cheek up agains the window, you have a lovely view of the pool:


One of the other bosses that came on the same flight we did felt the same way we did about this place and thought for certain that as soon as the big boss sees this place, we'll be out of here. He has a great view of the business right behind the hotel; a "Behavioral hospital", complete with barbed wire fencing and all!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh my! I can't wait to hear about this continuing saga!
Love Di

Unknown said...

OK now you have me LMBO (laughing my butt off) sister. I can't believe the boss is ok with this! Did you bring a can of mase?