Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Special orders

I am someone's new best friend. One of my customers has requested that I make her daughter's doll, holiday dresses to match hers. Now, you have to know, This little girl is 4 years old. This woman buys dresses extra big so that they come to the floor since they don't really make formals in little girl sizes. It started with one dress, then she brought another and another. These people celebrate in a big way and dress to the 'nines'. Here are two that I have completed so far.

This is her Thanksgiving Dress. The woman tried to embroider the waistband but when I told her I found the embroidered ribbon, she was thrilled, even though it wasn't exact.
The dolls dress that I made.

Then there is the Family Portrait and what she will be wearing on New Years Eve dress

The dress was about 6 inches longer but because the woman couldn't find the same fabric in the store and couldn't find another dress like it for me to cut up (more on that later)then she had to settle for a dress that comes mid calf in order to use what was needed for the dolls dress. The original also had a thin black velvet ribon across the front of the bodice seam and she didn't like that so she asked me to make a pink sash:


Next will be the Christmas dress. I will post that when I am done.

I currently have 8 orders that I am working on. All have multiple outfits in them. I think it may be slowing down though because my ad on the local tv website expired and I don't think I will be posting it again before Christmas...just so I can finish what I am doing and enjoy my holiday.

3 comments:

Diana said...

AMEN! Gosh girl please don't rerun the ad for a bit. You'll have ribbon and elastic growing out of your head!
The dresses are beautiful Terrie. Your work is very professional!
Love and REST to you! Love Di

Jerelene said...

Hi Terrie...wow you are a beautiful seamstress...I wish I could sew like that! The doll dresses are gorgeous..I can't wait to see more!!
Don't work too hard :)
Love, Jerelene

Unknown said...

Wow sister, those dresses are adorable! This lady is insane! but your advantage I guess huh! LOL. I bet the doll will be in the family pictures as well! I am so impressed with how creative you are! how come I don't have any of that creativity?