Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm still here

Don't forget about me. I'm still here. I barely have time to read anyone's blogs all the way through, let alone write in my own blog but in about two weeks, I will be done with my sewing for the holidays and will be back into blogging. It's 10:35pm and I am just now unwinding. (I used to go to bed at 9). Business is good, at least better than I ever imagined. I made over $400 just last week alone. I never in my wildest dreams would have expected anything close to that. If I didn't have a full time job, I would take on more orders. My husband saw my version of the Eloise outfit and asked how much I charge for it. I said $13 and he shook his head and said, "You should charge $20. I bet people would still buy it". I have been looking at other seamstresses online stores and I probably could raise my prices. I will have to re-evaluate this all after the holidays. My house still isn't decorated (course, my living room is still not finished and I have no furniture so why put up a tree?)

OK,, my legs are falling asleep as I sit here on my bed typing so Good night for now. I will try to catch up again soon.

2 comments:

Burrell said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome. A little extra spending money is never a bad thing. *smile*

Unknown said...

Wow sis that is totally awesome! I have like 10 hats crocheted and told people I would sell them for 7 dollars! I am a fool huh. At least 10. I am not telling bob or he will be made at me. OH WELL. Merry Christmas to everyone who cant afford to pay a lot for a hat this year LOL. I do it because I like to. And I know it makes people happy. BUT YOU MY SISTER need to charge a little more for your time!