Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Say ChEEEEsey Bread!

One of the advantages of being an Oma is that I get to enjoy spending time with my grandkids while their momma's and daddy's do their own thing. Friday night, I got to spend time with my cute grandson Jase. When his daddy dropped him off, we were just about to have some pizza from Papa Murphy's. I also purchased an order of their cheese bread. Jase must not have been hungry because he didn't want anything to do with either... until about 9pm. I found him in the kitchen eating the old left-over piece from his plate that I had not cleaned up. It had gotten a little hard but he found some soft parts and was eating his way around it. I broke off a fresh piece from the nearly 3/4 round that was left and handed that to him and gave him some milk. He had it almost all gobbled up when he decided to get down off the chair. No sooner had he stepped foot onto the floor when our new puppy had stolen it right out of his hand. I gave him another piece and that one seemed to be safe for a while. I walked out of the kitchen and a few minutes later, Brent called up to me. "Honey, did you really give this all to Jase?"

Well, NO, I didn't. (I had put it in a ziplock bag on the counter) but he seems to be enjoying it and now that he's got it under his arm, we'll just let him eat what he wants. I grabbed the camera to get this shot but three seconds later, guess who stole the bread right out from under Jase's arm? Yep, the new devil dog herself. (Sorry, didn't get a photo of that because she kept running to hide like she does everytime she knows she has something she wants but shouldn't have like a mouth full of kitty litter stuff but that's another story).

3 comments:

Diana said...

Well Terrie Jase is adorable! How old is he? looking at him makes me miss Jack (15 months). Jase looks a little older. Hope you were able to sneak enough kisses!
Our dogs eat everything off the floors too. That's why I am forever working on my floors!! Dog hairs, cat hairs, people hairs and whatever! I'm tired!
I love that photo, you should post more. Love Di

Terrie said...

Hi Di, Jase is 2. He loves to snuggle and give kisses so I soak them up for as long as he will give them out.

The Brownings said...

Gosh my little man is SO adorable!