Thursday, September 17, 2009

Keukenhof, Netherlands 1999

I made a calendar last year for all my siblings to give them for Christmas. I asked those that had been to Holland to please share some of their favorite photos they had taken while there. Some photos are just scenic and some have family members in them. All are special to the individual that took them and I am sure there is a story behind each one.

My dear sister Linda, commented a couple of posts ago about this calendar and the photo for September. This photo was taken by me of our mother. While in Holland, back in 1999, we went to the flower gardens there, Keukenhof. (Forgive my ignorance of the geography in Holland but I can't seem to find if Keukenhof is just the name of the gardens or if it is the town. I have a book that refers to the town Lisse and says "the property Keukenhof near Lisse..." so I just don't know.)

The gardens were absolutely beautiful and the aroma was heavenly and while the guide book said to plan on a three hour tour, we were there for over 5 hours and still didn't see the entire garden.
My brother Rick with mom


My sister in law, Penny


Me, trying to fill some pretty big shoes


Me wishing I had room in my front or backyard to have a garden like this, scaled down to size of course.

3 comments:

Diana said...

O.K. First the photo of your mom and the gardens was beautiful. I flashed back to a place in Florida that my grandmother took me to. I was so little I don't really remember but the flowers in that photo stirred an old memory! Your mom looked very happy. My next favorite Terrie was the one with you in the shoes! How could you not love that one? Were they just sitting there for photo op's ? And the last one , yea I'd like that for a yard too! Nice post Terrie.
Love Di

Unknown said...

AHHHHHH so sweet sis. Mom was very very happy! hugs....me

The Brownings said...

I miss my Oma.