Thursday, September 17, 2009

Heritage

It started with my new dear friend Diana, when she suggested in my last post that I should post about my trip to Holland. Then I got an email from her and she stressed her point even more. Last night, I went to one of those home demo/sales things for an online scrapbook service called Heritage Makers. Some of the questions and comments that were brought up and some of the things my girls mentioned... then, today, I open my blog and there are two more comments on my last post from my big sis and my cute nephew Kevin. All of these comments, I am sure, are messages from "above".

My personality dictates that everything I do must be in chronological order. This is something that is very difficult for me to overcome but if I try to tell my story from the beginning, I will probably lose interest and so will my readers, whoever you are (hopefully, my friends and my children and grandchildren and so on). From this point on, I am committing myself to write something at least once a week about me, my story; where I came from, what I know about my parents and other things that are important. I hope that anyone who is a part of my family will leave comments as appropriate with mamories they have of any events that we share so that anyone who reads this in 50 years, will have an even better insight to the things I am talking about.

1 comment:

Diana said...

This is the best idea Terrie. Not only for passing on the stories and memories for your family but for many of us who have never visited Holland. It sounds like a very fascinating country that I know know nothing about so this will be very interesting for me! And maybe you'll have a few surprises for your family!
Love Di
P.S. I will enjoy my tour!