Monday, September 14, 2009

Gerda, The little Dutch Girl

This coming Saturday, 9/19, marks the 8th anniversary of my mom's passing. Since my life is all about doll clothes right now, I wanted to make something in her memory. I have some little dutch dolls that she has given to me and my girls that and it also helped that I was able to find a pattern on the web that was nearly identical to the little dolls I'd been given as well as a picture of my mom and me we had taken while in Volendam, Holland, 10 years ago.

Yes, she even has real wooden shoes that I found at the Dutch Store. I had to sand them out a little with my Dremmel tool but they fit now. I want to paint them as well.

5 comments:

Diana said...

What a nice memorial to your mother Terrie! I can imagine how proud she would be of your beautiful handiwork! And I love the photo of you and your mom together in Holland. I'll bet that you really treasure that photo. That would make for an interesting post, I don't know anything about Holland! Maybe in your spare time, or do you even have spare time?!
Love Di

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

Hi Di, I promise, I will do my best to post about Holland and some of my favorite things we did. I figured that since it was so long ago, (10 years) that no one would really care. BUT, since this blog is for my posterity in a way, and since I never did finish my scrapbook about my trip, posting would probably be a real good thing. Thanks for the idea.
Love Terrie

The Brownings said...

Loves it!!! Good job, Ma!

Unknown said...

YES that is an excellent idea sis. I am a little jealous..I wish I were in that pic with the two of you. I remember I couldn't go to Holland, we didn't have the money even though she was paying for the trip there, and I didn't have any vacation time. I should have gone anyway. I think it is time for you to add some beautiful pictures you took of Holland to a post. That would be so wonderful. I especially love the one of mom on the Sept. calendar you made everyone. I look at her each day and talk to her each day. She is smiling. I know she is happy...I love your doll...

Kevin and Carrie said...

Aunt Terrie! The doll looks great! Oma would love them. I think of her a lot. I miss her and I miss Holland. I'm glad I got to be there for 2 years. It brought me closer to Oma and Opa and also to my dad. I'm so grateful for her and Opa and all they did.