Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh Dear!

I went to Michaels in Draper today. (the craft store) and you know what they have? They have dolls. The same type of doll that I make clothes for and they are only $16! I couldn't believe my eyes. They even carry some accessories like socks, stockings, etc. They currently have three different styles of the doll. A blonde one, a brunette and a red head. I WANT that red head!

Oh no. Can I justify another doll? Maybe. I have discovered that the bodies on these dolls are slightly different. My original doll has a slimmer waist and behind. The doll I bought from Target is chubbier and the clothes I've made are a little more snug. Maybe if I have one doll of each of the most popular brands, I will know the exact size to make the clothes when all the orders start pouring in.

BTW: I posted on Craigslist and KSL.com. Maybe this will help.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that is wonderful! I am going on KSL.com and Craigs to check you out. I want the Blonde for Brooklyn....and the Redhead for me! just to have a baby doll here for the girls to dress when they come once a year! Am I a fool? Mom wouldn't say so, she tucked her dollies in at night and she was all together here still!

The Brownings said...

For $16? I give you permission :)