Saturday, November 8, 2008

PS on RLS

My RLS started about 10-12 years ago. Even sitting and watching TV, my legs would become so restless that any type of stimulation like walking, running around or stretching didn't help. I went to several different doctors and even a neurologist. One doctor told me it was just shin splints. One doctor told me it was in my head. A couple others even told me that if I would lose weight, it would go away. (That's when I went on Phen Fen and lost 45 lbs and NO, it didn't go away.) Finally, after a year of watching the commercials about "creepy crawlies" in the legs, I asked Brent's doctor about it. Without hesitation, he gave me some samples of Requip. To my amazement, it really worked... for about 4 years at the maximum dose. So, about a year ago I switched to Mirapex at double the maximum dose. And, for now, it's under control. By the way, did you know that Requip is what they give to patients with Parkinson's Disease?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES, and for about $70 a pop which I could not afford and puking my guts out, I quit taking them! I thought the RLS was worth better than the puks! Now, thank goodness I am on illegal drugs! Thank goodness my hubby has a few loritabs handy for me when I get REALLY bad RLS and that helps. OH please! don't lecture me about taking my husbands drugs! lololol