Monday, November 24, 2008

New shoes


All summer long, I wore my slip on Keds or for a dressier look, ballerina flats. Now that it's getting colder and I need socks to keep my feet warm, the backless keds and flats are no longer appropriate. Also, I've had a problem with my ankle lately. I don't know if it is arthritis or what but my ankle hurts so much, it's getting harder and harder to walk. Time for a new pair if shoes. Payless has had such ugly shoes lately and I can't remember the last time I found a pair there that I actually liked so off to DSW for me. This is where I bought my Keds. Prior to that I bought a pair of Skechers which I absolutely hated. They were pretty cute but the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever owned. Valerie mentioned on her blog once that she has wanted to check out DSW for quite some time and finally did but the shoes there are kind of pricey. I have to agree with her there. Because the shoes are name brand, you pay a lot more for them than if you were to go to Payless and it's not always true that the more you spend, the more support and comfort you get. I am however, hoping that the shoes I bought there yesterday will live up to the price I paid. They were $60. Nothing special but they are what I was looking for. (Remember, I have to wear socks and these cover my feet enough so I can wear them). The last time I spent this much (actually, more like $98) on a pair of shoes, I bought them at Nordstrom. They were a pair of shoe boots, looked like cowboy boots with real pointy toes. I love them and they are by far, the most comfortable shoes I've had in a long time. Let's see if $60 will work as well as $98.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cute shoes! I am still wearing sandals! Long pants, (just barely put my capri's up!) but sandals. I don't know when I will give in to the cover my foot shoes.... after loosing my big toe nail, it has been hard to wear anything that rubs against my toe...so it might be a few more weeks! So what is DSW? Never heard of that store. Remember when you live in "smallsville" you don't always get out very much or at least I don't! lol