Sunday, November 30, 2008

The first and last Thanksgivings

Our First Thanksgiving - 1977: This was just a couple weeks after Brent and I were married. We lived in my parent's basement. Brent cooked the turkey, my dad carved it, I made pumpkin pie and the rest of the trimmings. Althought I don't remember exactly what the entire menu consisted of, I am sure the dinner was all delicious. We Shared it with my parents. I attempted to make divinity but the motor in my brand new mixer burned up before the divinity set up but we ate it anyway.
Our last Thanksgiving - 2008: What I mean by "our last" is simply the "most recent". Although it's sad because we can never seem to get the whole family together in one year (Jeff in California and Jenny visiting in Idaho)we still had a wonderful time. Dinner was delicious yet quiet with just the 7 of us. Then we watched a couple of Christmas movies and had pumpkin pie. I couldn't ask for more (except to be all together)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be there next year....I promise!!!