Wednesday, November 5, 2008

31 years ago today


31 years ago today, I married the love of my life. You may remember my earlier posts about how we met, etc. If not, check back to the beginning of my blog.

About this time on a rainy Saturday morning (my mom always said that rain on a wedding day is a sign of good luck), my cousin Inge was decorating my wedding cake at my house. It was the first cake she'd ever decorated before. She wasn't sure how to make the frosting smoothe on the cake so I helped her with a few tricks I had learned. We ended up going to the store about 3 times to get more powdered sugar to make more frosting. The batch didn't make much and it was hard to judge with the size of the cake. Her son had made the roses. I think the cake turned out beautifully.

Brent called me a couple of times to check in on me. He wanted to know if I was nervous. I wasn't, not in the least bit. I can't remember now if he told me he was nervous or not. He can't remember either. I tend to think he was a little because he did call me more than once to make sure I was OK. The time I got a little nervous was as I was walking down the hall on my dad's arm. People were talking and I was afraid they would not be quiet and I wouldn't be able to hear the Bishop. They did quiet down and the ceremony went very well except when it came to the part where I put Brent's ring on his finger. I couldn't get it over his knuckle so he had to help.

Our wedding was planned and carried off within two weeks. The only mess up was the paper on the invitations. I even made my own dress (and yes, I still have the pattern); nothing fancy as you can see but I loved it.

Wow, 31 years of marriage, three terriffic kids and 4 adorable grandkids. It sounds like a long time when you say it but it seems like it was only yesterday when it all came to be. I love you Brent! You are the love of my life, my heart, my soul and my world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY!!! I love you guys to pieces!!! You two are the best parents in the world and I wouldn't trade you for anything :> Have a great day together!
XOXOXOXO

Burrell said...

Aww. How sweet. *tear* Happy Anniversary. Here's to 31 more.

Jessarella said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!!! Cute pictures!