Friday, August 29, 2008

Spooky


My poor Spooky. He hasn't eaten for about 3 days now. This morning, all morning, he's been hanging over the dog's water bowl; not drinking, just hanging over it. I took it away to wash it and put fresh water in it and he moaned at me. When I put it back he just hung over it again, still not drinking.

He did look up at me when the flash went off so I could get another picture of his face. Spooky is about 22+ years old now. He has arthritis,and can barely walk. He hasn't been able to hear anything for about 3-4 years now but he can still see.

Jenny found him when she was about 3 years old. He wasn't a young kitten then. Probably about 9 months old judging from his size and he was all dirty. When she came home with him, I was in the living room and she peeked around the corner wall and said, "Mommy, do you think daddy will let us have another kitty cat?" I looked at her then saw this little black furry head peek around the corner too and well... Jenny still claims him as her cat but Kim says he is hers because he was really attached to Kim. Neither of them took him with when they moved out so he's MY cat!

I really don't have the heart to take him into the vet. I don't think he would survive the car ride and I know for certain they would just tell me to let him go. I can't do it. My poor Spooky.

No comments: