Monday, May 19, 2008

Where I've been

First, let me start by saying Happy Mother's day to all the women in my life. My daughters, sisters (yes, in-law too), neices and all of you mothers who may be reading my blog. You all hold a special place in my heart and I hope you had a wonderful relaxing day. The Friday before Mother's day, Brent asked me what gift he could give me. I said, "oh honey, don't worry, you already got me a gift", to which he replied, "oh good, what did I get you?" With a big smile I said, "Well, remember that craft cutter (Silhouette) I told you I wanted but thought was too much money? I went a head and ordered it (from QVC, yes, I am a QVC shopaholic). It should be here any day now". And as luck would have it, it came that day. He was very happy for me but we were both sad when I couldn't get it to connect to my computer. I had to wait until Monday to call customer service but eventually did get it connected and it is awsome. Any font I already have on my computer, it will cut. No cartridges to have to buy. Now I really have no excuse to not finish Jeff's scrapbook.

Monday the 12th, we celebrated Brent's 50th birthday. Oh my, he is getting OLD! We both took the week off of work. Monday I wanted to take him to lunch to his favorite steak house but they weren't open for lunch so we went to TGIFriday's then he decided he wanted to go bowling. I haven't posted the last couple of weeks scores because they've been so bad on all of us (with the exception of another 3 strike game by me with a score of 156!). The first frame, Brent's up and throws the ball. He almost hit the floor. Soooo, here I go, trying to be very cautious. I toss my first ball and hit 9 pins. I toss my second ball and DOWN I went. BUTT PLANT! I crawled over to the table, grabbed the rag and crawled back to the line and wiped the oil up so it wouldn't happen again. Thank heavens there weren't too many people that saw me go down. How embarrassing!

Tuesday, Brent and I went to the eye doctor. He seems to think that his vision isn't as sharp as it used to be. They checked his eyes and said, Umm, you have better than 20/20 vision. What more do you want? But he has a problem reading things close up. His arms just aren't long enough to focus so they told him to just go buy some magnifiers from the grocery store, which he's been using for the last couple of years anyway. ME? Bifocals! I ordered multifocal contacts and new glasses. The lasik was great while it lasted.

The rest of the week was spent doing yard work. We got 15 yards of dirt from Brent's work and built up the tiers in our veggie garden. For those of you who don't know how much dirt that is, it was a large dump truck FULL, that filled up our entire driveway as high as the garage door. I shoveled aboutg 3/4 of that dirt all by myself while Brent wheeled the wheel barrow to the back and dumped it. He re-arranged the railroad ties to make two levels so things would grow better. With as out of shape as I am, I thought I would be more sore but really, the thing that hurst the most is the palm of my hand from leveraging the shovel. Hopefully we'll have a great garden this year. Now we just have to figure out how to keep the dogs out of it.

No comments: