Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Paisley Jo


Paisley is my little kitty. Actually, she is about 6 years old but weighs less than 5 pounds. She never goes outside but occassionally if I have the back door open on the deck, she will sneak out there and soak up the fresh air. Last night, she escaped off the deck. I didn't realize she was gone until this morning. Usually she sleeps with me or on the chaise next to my bed (if the dog decides to sleep on the bed). Once I realized she was gone, panic set in. I searched for 30 minutes for her outside and kept calling her name but she didn't respond. She is afraid of everyone except me. When Brent came home from work this morning, he went looking for her. He finally found her in our back neighbors yard under their deck. There is about a 5 inch space under there that she crawled into. She wouldn't even look at me when I called her name. Brent took the ladder that was propped up against the neighbor's house and started to put it under the deck to coaxe her towards me. It worked enough that I could get my arm in there and grab her. She is sitting next to me now as though nothing happened. Naughty little kitty!

2 comments:

The Brownings said...

You need to correct your post....Paisley Jo Daisy is MY kitty :> She only stayed behind when I moved out because Matthew doesn't like cats. It was for her own safety! (Matthew would never hurt her-it's just a joke we share!)

Mandy said...

Oh sweet kitty. Probably thought she would go for a stroll and then realized that it wasn't such a good idea. I am very glad to hear she is safe!