Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The New Look of Me




So, here we go. Time for new glasses. Even though I had lasik done about 5 years ago, it only lasted about 2 years. I have been wearing glasses for seeing distances and lately, have been wearing them all the time except to read. I had my eyes checked again and now it's time for bifocals. I ordered a pair of contacts and expect them in a couple of weeks. Because I have a stigmatism and bifocals, they tell me it will take a while to get them in. I also got a new pair of glasses so that I can have a back up. I picked these up yesterday. I will say it is going to take some getting used to. I am used to moving my eyes to see something and now I have to move my head to look at something straight on so it is clear. It's hard to walk down the stairs. Everytime Brent looks at me, he tells me how much he likes my new glasses. He should, he picked them out. As I was browsing through the store and trying on different frames, I would ask his opinion. He'd just shrug and say, "they're ok". He picked up this pair thinking they looked kind of funky and jokingly said, "here, try these". I did and he perked up and said, " hey, I really like those on you" so, that's what I bought. Of course, they were more expensive than what I wanted to pay. Just for the frames alone, the price was $244. I told the sales person that I really liked them but didn't want to pay that price so he gave them to me for 50% off. Not bad, huh? They look kind of brown in this picture but they are actually dark olive green. The inside of them is a lighter olive green.

4 comments:

The Brownings said...

Loves it! With the combo of your hair and glasses you look younger! Very pretty mom!

Valerie said...

Oooo, I love them! Go Brent!!

PS- don't you have some kind of warranty on your lasik or something? Won't they re-do it if it doesn't last. If not, they should!

Jessarella said...

Love the glasses. Super cute!

Burrell said...

I must agree with the rest, the are amazing. Great taste, Uncle Brent! I also have to say that I love your haircut. It's very flattering. Sounds like you had a fun Mother's Day, too. Good luck keeping your boys out of the garden! If you figure out how to do that, let me know! We have the same problem!