Friday, April 6, 2012

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it's been 5 months since my last post. Honestly, where has the time gone?

This last batch of puppies were all sold and gone by Christmas eve. I even had two people call me to ask for another. Just last week, I got an email from one that asked if we planned on having anymore because the one they got from us was the best dog they'd ever had and a relative wanted one just like her. Sorry folks, we don't plan on having anymore puppies for at least a couple of years.

My doll clothes business has been thriving. Last year, I took the month of February off to design and make several new items. I didn't do that this year because I've been far to busy to close shop for a month. I've been trying to squeeze in a new item here and there though. Back in the fall, I started a FaceBook page and posted on Pinterest for my business and I think this has brought me several new clients. That's a good thing :)

I've been working with a client who is a big fan of the Titanic. I mean the real Titanic. In lieu of the 100th anniversary of it's sinking, she has asked me to make some doll size dresses from the James Cameron Titanic movie. I've now finished that project and she will be posting photos of the dolls in their dresses in front of Titanic scenes. When she gives me permission, I will post that link here.

Since my life is consumed with nothing but doll stuff, there really isn't much else to blog about. I will be going to Disneyland in May. This is the trip that I won when I went to a live taping of a local news show last year. I'm sure I will have something to blog about when I come home.

In the meantime, here are some of my latest items (just because I think every blog post needs photos)
It was Aubrey's 8th birthday in March so I made her a custom Taylor Swift doll and outfit to match. Aubrey is a HUGE Taylor Swift fan!




3 comments:

Diana said...

I'm so happy that your business is booming Terrie! And it's really great to hear from you again. I hope you are getting a little time for yourself here and there though. We all need some "Me" time.
Your doll outfits are beautiful. Is the Taylor Swift one Crocheted? My oldest daughter, Ginny, met her in person at Taylor's guitarists wedding a couple of years ago and said she was really a sweet person.
I hope we get to hear more from you before your Disney trip. I'll be looking forward to those Titanic dress photos!!
Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

you are my favorite sister! You are amazing and beautiful and so talented. I love showing off all of your creations. The detail on all of your outfits are so amazing! Please tell me that you didn't crochet that dress for Aubrey and the doll? If you did I am never going to pick up a crochet hook again! hugs...big time! lulu

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

No worries, I did NOT crochet the dress for Aubrey and the doll. That was a freak find at the fabric store, though I don't remember if it was Hancock or the warehouse store in Phoenix.