Monday, July 18, 2011

It's a doll's world

At least my world is a doll's world. I know you probably are thinking "does this woman have anything else in her life besides dolls?" The answer is umm, well, yes and no. My life is consumed with dolls and since my girls have their own blogs (OK, Kim is a flake on hers) and Jeff lives in AZ and the only pics I get of Rylie are on my phone, dolls are all I have left to talk about. So here it is, the big project I've been working on for many months. I forget when Brent built the cubes for me. All four cubes are finally done. Now I have to have him help me make the pergola for the roof top deck.







And you're probably wondering who gets to play with my doll house? I do and my grandkids do if they want and any other little girlies that like dollies and want to come play are invited!

On a sad note, We had to put Luke down last week. It was so hard but it was just as hard to see him start to slow down and suffer. I noticed that he was panting a lot the last few days and I'm sure that was his way of trying to deal with the pain. We'll miss him terribly.

On another sad note, I went back to work part time. The owner of the company I quit last year, called and offered me a deal. I get to work from home and I get paid what I was making when I left, before they cut it in half (the reason for me quitting). I'm not sure I made the right decision yet but at least there will be a little money coming in to help with day to day living.

7 comments:

Keersten said...

Okay wonder woman! That looks amazing! I showed the girls and they went nuts. We actually just went through tons of posts looking at the fun things you have done. You are so talented! Sorry about work, it does sound like a great deal though. Most of all, I'm so sorry about Luke. What a sweetheart. Hang in there!

Diana said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Luke Terrie. It's hard to deal with as they are our family too! I still miss my Willie that passed away about seven years ago.
Your doll house is adorable, when can I move in? I would if I could it looks that cozy! I'm sure some little girl will have loads of fun with it. You did a great job Terrie.
I hope the job thing works out but if not, you can just quit!
Love Di ♥

bjk said...

Terrie, My girls all want to move in! Now if we can just convince John... ;)

Jerelene said...

Hi Terrie,
I love your dollhouse!! I think I would have fun playing with that:)
Sorry to hear that you had to have your pet put to sleep. That has got to be so hard...:(
Hope you are staying cool..We are burning up here...excessive heat warnings all week :(
Congrats on the job...hope you will like it and that it won't be stressful on you..
Love and Blessings, Jerelene

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with talking about dolls all the time .. Is there?? I do it too .. they are my life when I am too sick with my Lupus to be out and about ..

Your house is AWESOME .. my girls (18 inch) wanna come play at your house too .. where did you get the toilet?? that bathroom is too cute .. the whole thing is awesome ..

Congrats on the job .. hope it turns out to be the way you want it to be ..

Take care,
TracAn

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

TracAn, The toilet is actually a dog water bowl. If you google "dog water bowl toilet", I think you'll find it. There's a big whole in the tank for a liter bottle to fit into, that's why I put the shelf over it.
Terrie
PS, Thanks for checking out my blog. You're welcome back anytime!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH that is tooo dang cute! I will bring Lauren over next time I come to town. right down to the toilet paper this is an incredible house! YOU are NOT the CRAZY doll lady....just the fun crazy doll lady sister that I am proud to tell everyone I know about! hehehehe love ya!