Friday, December 3, 2010

Senior Citizen Day

The woman that was cutting my fabric at Hancock's was asking me if I had my coupons with me. I told her no but I had my preferred card. OK, good, that gives me the discount then. Then she said, "Well, today is Wednesday and every Wednesday is Senior Citizen day so you'll get that discount too". Do I look like a senior citizen? How much over 50 do I really look? I've always been told that I look young for my age but c'mon. Was it the wrinkles around my eyes?

Was it the hot flash I was experiencing at the time
I don't know what it was but if it's going to give me a discount at the fabric store, I'll say I'm 55.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Now see here is where we differ. Years ago , you only needed to be 50 to get discounts everywhere! Now you have to be 95 or something, maybe it's 65 I don't know. All I know is I want my discounts NOW! AARP wants me so why can't I have my discounts now?!
Love Di ♥

The Brownings said...

Mom, you aren't that old yet....you have a couple more years ;)

Unknown said...

hahahaha ok that is the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time! HEY what ever works I say! If they want you to be "senior citizen" age so be it, then just get in the car and laugh all the way home with your goodies at a discount! It seems like different places have different ages as to what defines a senior! The movies you have to be like over 60...phew I am almost there! YUCK! and with your new hairdo you DO NOT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE OVER 50...YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE 40ish. LOL hey you will always be my BABY SISTER!