Saturday, December 26, 2009

Come and gone

Christmas has come and gone. My tree was up for less than a week, decorated for less than three days. I don't think I had any Christmas Spirit this year. I have learned my lesson though. I will not take any orders after Dec 1st. I think I just over-extended myself and I didn't have time to enjoy the whole meaning of the Holiday. Being in business for yourself, by yourself has it rewards and I certainly didn't expect to have such success but I have to say, it just didn't feel like Christmas to me. In fact, I have not sewn a stitch since Tuesday night and I feel like something is missing. I walk around the house and know that I need to clean but I feel like I should be sewing. Sewing for 6 hours a day and working my real paying job for 8 hours a day for the last few months has gotten me into a mindset that I am having a hard time breaking free from. At this very moment, I feel so unproductive, except that I may now have time to keep up with blogging. My plan for the upcoming year is to have some sort of inventory on hand. The items that sell real well will of course, be my primary inventory and then I think I may be looking for opinions from all of you to help me know what other items I should have on hand. I am thinking of offering new items at a special introductory price then after a month or so, increasing the price. My plan is also to make a line of clothes for each of the historical dolls. If any of you think of outfits that you think I should make, I am open to all suggestions. You may click on the link at the right to go to my website so see what I have already and what I can/should expand on.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hi Terrie,
They are all so cute. A few of my favorites are the TuTu cute, Harley Girl and the Ice Princess. But really I could keep going on choices. The witch costume is cute too. Oh and I like your new background! Love Di

Unknown said...

I will have to get back to you on my favorites. I was so BROKE I couldn't buy a doll at Costco that I wanted, but...I will and then, I will buy some outfits. I want them here for the 'girls' when they come to visit so they will have a beautiful doll to play with. You..my sweet sister are the BEST and most productive person I know and the MOST CREATIVE person I know and the most GIVING person I know! So what you didn't have the tree up for a month, YOU truly had the spirit because you gave so selfishly of your time in making others happy and gave them their Christmas wishes! love you!