Monday, August 17, 2009

My newest treasure

Last week I received an email from a woman that had seen my ad for doll clothes on a local news channel's website. She told me that she had just placed her mother in an assisted living facility and her mother used to own a porcelain doll store. She asked if I would be interest in seeing her supplies and maybe purchasing some of them. She had placed an ad on the same site for the entire lot for a price of $150. I replied back and we made arrangements for me to go see the items. When I arrived, I found a treasure trove of patterns and supplies. Rather than pick through and decide, I paid her the $150 and loaded the truck. I've been going through the three boxes, 9 storage bins and a 4 drawer file cabinet. This woman was very creative. She made her own patterns for modern, antique and antique style dolls and clothes of all sizes. She also has many, many purchased patterns as well. Some of these I can use to make period style clothes for the American Girl doll as well. I don't quite know what I am gong to do with the body patterns since I don't make porcelain dolls anymore (my tremors are too bad for me to paint the detail on the face). I am going to check with some of the local doll shops to see if they want to buy any of them or I may sell them on ebay. I don't know yet. Most likely, I will just store them. Here's a picture of what I haven't incorporated into my own supplies yet. This and the file cabinet that is out in the garage because there's no room in here.

So, if you or you know anyone that is in need of patterns for clothes or doll bodies, I have them. Contact me and I will see if I can accommodate your needs.
Di, If you can, send me a picture of your little dollies. If you can't get the pic to upload, then give me measurements. I am sure I have several choices now that will fit.

7 comments:

Diana said...

I was just thinking about those dolls the other day Terrie. Katie and I finally figured out how to get pictures up. I will do that this week. I feel sorry for the naked babies and I can sew and crochet. Would it be easier for me to email the photos and measurements to you? Let me know.
I am going to be catching up on everything this week.
Terrie can't you still make the dolls and have someone else paint the faces? What a treasure you stepped into! On of our church members gave me two box fulls of crochet thread and I was really excited! I can't do as much as I used to but still can't give it up!
Love Di

Terrie said...

Hi Di, I've thought about making dolls again but with my schedule, I just don't know when I will have time. I just may advertise that I will make clothes for porcelain dolls on my website too.

You may email the pics and or measurements to alldolledup.dollclothes@gmail.com and I will find the perfect pattern for you. I just might even make a couple of outfits for you, just for the fun of it.

Diana said...

Hi Terrie,
I will send the pictures to you this week. It is on my to do list. I appreciate it, thank you!
Love Di

Penny said...

Hey Terrie- Any people patterns? Like aprons or period clothing from the 60's or 50's? I had a treasure like that once when I did an estate sale on a house I listed. The executor gave me the old patterns and quilt magazines before she threw them away! I loved it! Patterns from the 1940's.

Penny said...

Hey Terrie- Any people patterns? Like aprons or period clothing from the 60's or 50's? I had a treasure like that once when I did an estate sale on a house I listed. The executor gave me the old patterns and quilt magazines before she threw them away! I loved it! Patterns from the 1940's.

Unknown said...

you are one lucky girl! I would be overwhelmed going through all those boxes but very excited too! I have been a real slacker about posting my beautiful doll, I am working on it though....I haven't forgotten! I am at work and feeling kinda puney today. I started on meds again for my cholesteral....it was extremely high again...299...ouch! doc said, another heart-attack waiting to happen, I have to be careful...and I am kinda sick today. Oh well. either that or...6 feet under I guess...BLAHHH! I will catch up with you soon....love you.

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

Hi Penny, there weren't any people patterns except for two or three baby, newborn patterns from the 70's or 80s. I do have some retro patterns I bought for aprons though if you need any.
Love ya