Sunday, August 9, 2009

I've been tagged

Thanks Diana, for tagging me. I would never have asked my children this question had it not been for the "tag".
This tag, we are supposed to reveal 7 things our children like about us so I sent a text message to all three of my kids at once. The question was posed like this:

"Don't bother asking why but I need you to tell me two or three things you like about me, love mom."


My daughter Kim who is 31 said:
"You are extremely talented (remember; Oma knows everything {that was a comment my grandkids said to her once})"
"You help me with everything in more ways than one and more than anyone else"
"You are very pretty"
My son Jeff who is 29 said:
"Everything" Then he asked what the girls had said and I told him that Jenny was going to email me and Kim hadn't responded yet to which he replied; "Well, I bet they can't top that, cause it's the truth, I like everything about you"
The youngest Jenny who will be 26 on the 12th said:
"You are my best friend"
"You are always there when I need you"
"You're creative and talented and make me great stuff" (I made her a purse recently and I guess this is a hint for me to hurry and make her apron, computer bag and jammies that she's been asking about)
"You're beautiful"

Thank you kids. I love you too. Your comments mean more to me than you realize.

So now, I have to tag 7 people. Since I only have about that many who read my blog anyway, your're all tagged. And for those of you whose children are too young to tell you, have your husband or friend tell you what they like about you.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Didn't you feel funny asking your kids this question? I did. But it it give's you a nice feeling when they answer! You are a great mom Terrie but I could tell that already!

Unknown said...

That is funny sis! I will have to ask my kids that question. I can jsut imagine the answers. Mike will be silly, Brad will be, "as a matter of fact" and nat will be all sentimental. LOL Maybe I will be completely wrong! Anyway, 7 things I like about you
1. Your beautiful eyes and smile
2. Your ability to keep our mother's memory alive in your home.
3. Your creativity and talent in making things, LOTS of things
4. Your endless "unselfishness"
5. Your pretty hair
6. Your being able to voice your opinion.
7. Your love for your family.
I know I didn't have to do that but..it was FUN! love you!

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

Awe, Thanks Lulu. Love you too!

Kim Royer said...

When I read your discription of me "My daughter Kim who is 31 said" it hit me how old I am really getting. I think I feel older than I really am.