Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some organizing of my own

Even though I like to be organized, my workspace has gotten a little out of sorts with all the doll things I've been doing. I even had to set up a folding table in the middle of the room to give me room to cut fabric because all the counter space was occupied by dolls and other essential items. My craft closet was a disaster and I had a hard time finding the fabrics I was looking for so... it was time to stop what I was doing and get working on organizing all over again. No, I don't have pics of the before. I took some but they accidentally included my secret project that I am working on for my special sister. I didn't realize that until after I had started to clean and put things away. So, all you get to see now is my "After" shots. In an effort to give myself more much needed counter space, I purchased a new shelf from Ikea to put my dolls on.
See my closet? This is where I keep all my scrapbook stuff
and now I am keeping all my fabric in there too. Now it's so organized, it looks like I need to make a few more trips to the fabric store to fill up my shelves!
And here are the cabinets. I usually don't have a problem keeping these organized:


And this is still one of my favorite spots in my office. My little nook dedicated to my heritage
And just so you have a full grand tour of the space, here is the rest of the space. Where I sew:
And where I work my "real job" for 8 hrs a day:
So there you have it. The space where I spend most of my life.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Well Terrie you really did a lot of organizing! I have yet another old, tiny closet that is in desperate need! I thought about it awhile ago but I just can't seem to move my legs!
I love your sewing space, I always used the dining room because the table is so big. But I haven't sewed in awhile. Our Wal-Mart took out the craft and fabric section so we have to drive 50 miles for fabric. So I don't sew much anymore! I was so mad about it I don't want to get started on that again!
It's great that you get to work from home and you have a very nice office! Thanks for the tour!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH sis, you and Natalie have OCD you know that don't you! Natalie wants to start a business organizing other peoples closets! Is she crazy????lol I think I am getting worse the older I get! LOVE your work space "real job" or "pleasure" space. It is all so fun! It is like going to a candy store, you just want to be there and look around! xxxooo