Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Benign Essential Tremors

This one is for my new blog friend, Diana and of course for anyone else who is interested:
From what I understand, my tremors are heredity but I don't remember either of my parents having it except when they were nearing their late 70s. I am only 49 and have had it for about 2 or 3 years now. It just seems to get worse with time. I have looked up the formal name "benign essential tremors" on the internet but I haven't found any real solutions. Sometimes my hand (mostly my left hand) shakes and if I am sitting and push up on my toes, my legs will shake extremely. Personally, I think it was caused by a medication I was taking for my restless legs, Requip. One of the warnings on the papers the pharmacist gives with the meds indicate that a side effect is shaking. My doctor said no though becaue I have been on Mirapex for my legs for two years now and my tremors are getting worse. The doc said that the meds they prescribe for the tremors is called a beta blocker, essentially a blood pressure medication. If that doesn't help then they will try something else. I've only been on this med for a week and it doesn't seem to have even begun to help but I will stick with it for the month to give it a chance. I know sometimes it can take several weeks for some meds to actually start working in your system. Through this, I will continue to do the little detail work I love to do. I just can't paint eyelashes and eyebrows anymore. I guess makeing more porcelain dolls is out of the question.

On a side note, Diana I have a few patterns for both crocheting and sewing for the dolls you mentioned. If you can send me a picture of them, I will find something for you in my stash.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Thank you for the info Terrie. I hate taking medicines for everything. I am down to just what the doctor deems necessary now. There always seems to be side effects! It's a shame that you can't do the detail work anymore, I know how frustrating that can be. I've had to pretty much give up my crocheting because of arthritis and carpel tunnel. But I still do it here and there, pain or no pain!
I will take a photo of my ugly little dolls and email them to you Terrie. I feel so bad for them having no clothes! Thank You!

Diana said...

Wow Terrie I just checked out your website and your clothes are beautiful! I hope you are doing well with selling your items. They are very nice!