Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My new project


I rescued 50+ of these cute little "Kelly" dolls from eBay. I gave them all a bleach bath, washed, conditioned and restyled their hair and I'm now in the process of making them new clothes. Some of them came with clothes but the cheap little ones that are not very cute. I have about 10 crochet patterns and then I will be sewing some as well. All this between my regular full time job, sewing my 18 inch doll clothes and a secret project I am working on for someone special. At least I am so busy now that I don't have time to pick at my fingers. You should see my nails. They are looking quite nice again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! ok now I am completely overwhelmed with you! do you ever ever ever ever take a breath? You are totally incredible! Those dolls are so adorable! and if you crochet a dress for them I am going to die! how fun it that! How do you ever think of these things to do? I am soooo....soooo......jelous! Can I have some of your energy and some of your talents! CRAP!

Valerie said...

Stop it! That's what I'm doing! I found these cute little dolls at Michaels and I've done two swim suits already. I used a pattern for one and then made up the pattern for the other myself. I'm wanting to make some more of my own patterns and try to sell them (the patterns) on etsy, but I don't know if people would really buy them. I was gonna wait till I made some more outfits to post pics, but maybe I'll put some up so you can see them. : ) I love the outfits on yours! Especially the little dress in the middle.