Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Last day of my early retirement

Today was te last day of what I was hoping an early retirement. Back in March when I lost my job, I was devastated and wondered how on earth we would make it financially. After two and a half months, I had stopped worrying about that because I was so busy doing all the things I never could do working full time. I even registered my doll clothes business name with a weebsite and I'm in the process of building my website so I can get more exposure. On a side note, there's just something in me that keeps telling me to NOT GIVE UP on this idea. But anyway, yesterday I got a call from a former employer. This is the company that Jenny is working for. He asked me if I was interested in coming to work for them now and would I meet with him for lunch today. We met and he asked if I could start right away. I am so torn. I had an anxiety attack on my way to lunch. My heart was racing so fast that I couldn't breathe. It only lasted for a minute or two but it makes me wonder if going back to work is the right thing to do. Brent is certainly thrilled because he doesn't see how we can make it without me working. He even went so far as to bribe me with a new car in a few months just to make me feel better. Deep down, I do know that I have to work but I was hoping to have the summer off to be able to do things around the house and concentrate on my little business. I start my new job tomorrow and luckily, Jenny will be training me. So much for my early retirement plans.

No comments: