Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Before and After

So, with the exception of some minor touches and the window dressings, my kitchen is DONE. That's right, after 10 weeks, I have a kitchen again; and my dream kitchen to boot. This was all a labor of love, through blood, sweat and frustrations. I personally sanded and stained each and every cabinet, crown molding, stair rail and balustrade in there. I tore up about 2/3 of the old flooring all by myself with Brent helping on the other 1/3. Brent and Jenny did the priming and painting and Brent and I laid and nailed in each and every plank on the new floor. I have to give credit to my wonderful brother Glen as well because without him, we would never have been able to do this. Glen did all the "behind the scenes" construction as well as some finishing touches such as the crown molding above the cabinets. BEFORE
AFTER



And for those of you that remember what my mother said before each meal:
For those of you that don't know Dutch, it's the same thing as "Bon Apatite"

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Gorgeous! I love it! Eet smakelijk!!!!

The Brownings said...

Perfection!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so in love with your new kitchen. I love it more than my kitchen! look at all the couner space you have and the nice counter island for haveing like smorgasborg and baking.....I LOVE IT! And mom would love it too! she is smiling right now at the Ett Smakelijk above the stove. :)

Kim Royer said...

It was so nice having the kitchen done for dinner the other day! You put it together well! Good job mom!