Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What do you think?

So, tell me what you think about this ring. I've been wanting a new wedding ring for quite some time but Brent said it's not a wedding ring unless it's the original ring you were married with. There's nothing wrong with my "original" ring. It's just real small and getting a little tight. I only wear jewelry when I go out, including my wedding ring because I just forget to put it on but Brent's opinion is that once the ring is off his finger, that's the end of the marriage. He hasn't seen this yet.
and here is my original ring... look close, it's above my knuckle. Sidenote on the "original" wedding ring: This ring is actually two rings that have been attached together. It's also been smashed in a bank vault door and the smallest diamond on the side has been replaced. I've had it re-sized so many times that now you can't tell that it's two rings. The band is so thin and has been repaired multiple times because it seems to crack or wear out in the real thin spots. I've told Brent that the only thing original on this ring is the .24 carat diamond and the shape of the setting if you look at it from the top.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fancy Shmancy!

Unknown said...

WHOA baby! I love the new ringy dingy! BEAUTIMOUS! And for what it is worth, and Brent loves me and knows me....tell him that your sister said, "a ring or wedding ring is only a symbol of your love for one another. The bigger the diamond, the bigger the love, the more diamonds...the more love"! I can't wear mine either because it has been sized so many times. I gave my original diamond to Natalie and had it set into a necklace for her...Bob bought me another diamond for the "original" wedding ring, which I don't wear either. After these many years, it is "OK" to wear many rings of many sizes and shapes and even color...on the wedding finger. Funny how some guys get all caught up in the "tradition" but also very cool. Tell your sweetheart your love for him has only gotten bigger and you just needed to show how big, by the ring size lol!