Monday, February 2, 2009

Done enough to show

My office/craft room is now ready to show off but look quick because this is probably the last time it will ever be seen this clean! What can I say? I constantly have projects going and the counter tops are NEVER clear.

One door leads to my craft closet, the other to a storage room under the stairs where the furnace and water heater. You don't get to see that room since I haven't cleaned it. It's nothing special anyway. My craft closet is in need of some organization again.

Brent put up some shelves above my washer and dryer so I could have a little "Dutch nook" with all my knick knacks and such.
This is my office area...where I spend 8 hours of my day M-F

Now just an FYI, I've had this space for several years. It was just painted a real gross peachy color. It just looked dirty to me. I wanted to spruce it up a bit by painting it red and adding a few extra touches. I just made the valance above the window. In case you can't see it well, it's red toille. My magnet board now has a frame around it where before it just had some bright green ribbon around it. I've added a quote on there in vinyl lettering that says "Open your mind to change but don't give up your values". Another quote I have on the other wall in that corner says "Energy and persistence conquer all things". These are just a couple of reminders to help me get through each day when the going gets tough.
I do have one more wall to finish putting on the touches. It's the wall just to the left of the washer and dryer. There is a counter there with a sink and a nice big wall to put some more pictures on. I have to find a few more favorites and then will hang them under another quote that says "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".

4 comments:

The Brownings said...

LOVES IT! The red looks great with the wood! You guys did a really good job painting :> Dad did good with the shelves in your Dutch nook-I think that's my favorite-it turned out really pretty! I also LOVE the valance! It looks so good in there mom!!! Hooray for you!!

Penny said...

Very nice! Good for you! What a nice feeling to have your own space the way you want it. Bravo!

Unknown said...

my creative sister! you are so multi talented and you never show-off that side of you! I have always envied your talents and have wanted to be like you REALLY! I love your room and what you have done with it. What a nice place to go to, even if it is to go to work......wow!

Kim Royer said...

So Cute MOM!!!!