Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions Anyone?

Does anyone make New Year's resolutions anymore? Truthfully, I never have. Oh, I may have thought to myself about losing weight "after the holidays" or something stupid like that, that I know will never happen (look at me; you know that resolution really was a fleeting thought). After all, it's always been my opinion that if you don't set the goal, you won't fail. I said that to a boss of mine once and he quickly retorted with "but if you don't set the goal, you have nothing to reach for and you'll never grow as a person".

Here I am, 12 years later. I've never set any real goals but I do think I am a better person now than I was then. Back then, I let everyone walk all over me. I did what I was told and never questioned anyone. Now, although my questions often get me in trouble, my intregrity is in tact and I know that what goes around, comes around. The other day I heard a woman attempt to quote the Golden Rule saying she lived her life by this rule. She said, "Do unto others as they do unto you." UMMMMM I think she left out the entire point of it being called The Golden Rule: Do unto others as YOU WOULD HAVE THEM do unto you.

So, here's my challenge to you. Forget about the silly resolutions like losing weight, getting better organized, getting your husband to accomplish that list of honey do's, etc. Instead, concentrate on things that make you a better person. Live your life by The Golden Rule because what goes around, really does come around, tenfold.

"Open your mind to change but don't give up your values"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me!
Cute Blog background!

Kim Royer said...

So what "came around" mom? I am so glad you blog mom cause now you don't have to say that you never wrote in a journal!

Unknown said...

yeah! so glad you blog, because I have learned more about you since your blog than ever before! And I still love you! lolololol! so true about what goes around, and I have been around believe me. Never given up my values....and YES I am a dang good person for it to!