Friday, November 14, 2008

Sewing Machines


I am thankful for my sewing machine and serger and my ability know how to use them. My dad bought me my first sewing machine for me when I was 16. It's an awsome sewing machine and real heavy duty but I bought a new one about 8 years ago because I wanted more functions. Then I bought my serger. Although I rarely make clothes for myself anymore like I did in high school, I do love having my machines for other projects. Like the Annie Dress I made for Aubrey, the blessing gown I made for Mollie, the bedspread I made for myself and now for the doll clothes I am making for Aubrey's Christmas present. I got her a doll from Costco that looks like the "American Girl" dolls. I went online to buy some clothes for her and all those outfits are over $25 for one outfit. Even the off brand doll clothes are in excess of $12 per outfit. I bought a pattern and some fabric and so far have about 8 outfits and a matching nightgown for Aubrey (of which she picked out the fabric for) for less than $40 and that includes the patterns for both Aubrey and the doll. I've already made two dresses and two pair of leggings for the doll. That took me less than 2 hours to do. I did buy some shoes and a pair of stockings online because every party dress needs a pair of black mary janes.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

So cute! You have to put pictures of the doll with her outfits on here when they're done.

Unknown said...

ok you are AMAZING. I am such a slug.....can't do anything.....and wish that I had the fortitude to do something.....what can't you do?

Kim Royer said...

I love what your doing mom. You will have to post pics of them when you are done.