Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Why, you ask?





In case you are wondering why I would post such personal information about myself, WELL, I created this blog so that anyone that knows me, particularly my children and grandchildren would know what my life was like when I was growing up. I never sat down with my mother to ask her about her life and I regret not knowing more about her or my dad. My dad never talked about his childhood and some of the things I learned about him were learned after his death. Still, I have many questions about both of them that no one will ever be able to answer. All of the stories now are from what any of my siblings or I have recalled and may not be accurate. This blog comes from me. Everything in it is true. I kept a journal for only a short period of time and the form it is in, could be destroyed or lost easily. So long as I keep this blog and then perhaps get it saved to disc or whatever, I will have a record of my life's experiences, good or bad. My goal is to continue with various facts about me, some interesting, some just everyday normal childhood things for my posterity. Wouldn't it be awsome to be able to read your great grandmother's journal? I would have loved it.

4 comments:

Burrell said...

I think blogging is an excellent way to "journal keep" online! Plus, if you ever want to make a book out of it, it's so easy to do because it's already written down! I am so glad that you are doing this, because now I get to know my sweet aunt a little more, too! Woo Hoo!

Burrell said...

I love this picture of you, by the way!

Mandy said...

I am so glad that my sister was able to convince me to do blogging. We don't get to see family much and it is a great way for my children to learn and read about the happenings going on in my family and friends lives!!! I think it is great I get to know you better than before! By the way I agree with Emily I love the picture!

The Brownings said...

Look at my cute mommy!!! I just love you....that's all!