Monday, November 8, 2010

Don't read this with your morning coffee

We had an incredible afternoon and knight Sunday. Right after bowling, I dropped Brent off at home and I went and ran some errands. I was gone for nearly two hours and when I got home at about 4, Luke and Lacy were very antsy. I let them outside and a few minutes later, they wanted in again. Lacy started whining and I immediately knew it was time. Her belly was hard and she was panting pretty hard. she took me downstairs and there we sat. If I moved, she was up. I had to sit there with her and pet her or she got upset and nervous. Finally, at 9:30 or so, I noticed it was happening. I yelled for Brent to let him know her water had broken. Lacy didn't quite know what to do. She didn't want to lay down and she kept going in circles. The puppy was half way out and she was about to sit on it. I put on some rubber gloves and helped the puppy out. The sac around the puppy had already broken so I didn't have any time to waste. The minute I showed the pup to Lacy, instincts kicked in and she took over from there. The next pup came about 45 minutes later with the 9th pup arriving at about 12:47 am. All pups appear to be in good health and Lacy is doing well too. Luke's nervous...typical new dad!
Lacy and her NINE pups


Tired Momma



Proud Dad

3 comments:

bjk said...

So cute! But now Minerva wants a puppy!

Diana said...

Oh Terrie how beautiful! This brought tears to my eyes! Such beautiful little pups and NINE, WOW!
Great job Lacey and to you too Terrie!
Congratulations!
Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! ok this is going to be a huge challenge for both of you! You will fall in love with every single pup! I know how this puppy thing can be....they all look so healthy and cute! I can't wait to see more pictures! Ahhhhh.....do you have a play pen for them? You will need to get a play pen for them soon when they open their eyes and start wandering around and peeing everywhere! lol oh boy now the fun comes....hehehehe