Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The first day

I guess it's true what they say. "Today is the first day of the rest of your life". Yes, I know. It sounds corny but I've never been a clever writer so that's the best I could come up with. Technically today was only half of the first day of the rest of my life because the first half of the day I was at work. I worked very hard, knowing that it's the last day of the month and it's always real hectic. My heart wasn't in it though and as the first couple of hours passed, I started to care less and less. Then I got an email from the boss with their ideas of a new compensation plan. I went outside to call Brent (because the new office is literally in a bunker and doesn't get cell reception, plus, I needed privacy). Then I cleared out my email, shut down my computer and walked out the door. Yes, I quit my job!

I am not sure I feel relief yet but I do know that I don't regret it. I am going to enjoy my time in Arizona. I am going to concentrate on expanding my line of doll clothes and I am going to be a success.

5 comments:

Burrell said...

WHAT? I need details.
And...YOU GO GIRL!
You deserve good things. You will be a success because you ARE a success. You go ahead and enjoy that new little grandbaby of yours. Give Jeff my love. Keep your head high and don't look back.
P.S. Chester emailed me the news. Sweet guy. He misses us.

Diana said...

Yes you are and I have no doubt about it! A girl has got to know her limitations, we will survive and all of that! My best wishes to your new beginning Terrie, HUGS!!!!!
Love Di ♥

Valerie said...

Way to go!!! =D I know you are going to do SOOO awesome with just your doll business. How exciting for you!

bjk said...

Terrie, I'm so glad! I know you wanted to stick it out for a few months longer, but getting sick and getting stressed is never that worth it. Enjoy Arizona and all of those new beginnings. Barb

The Brownings said...

Love your face mom! I miss you already! It sucks being the only one there with 3 newbies and 3 more newbies starting next week! It' not the same without you but I'm oh so very proud of you! You deserve better ;)