Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's Here


It's finally here. My new sewing machine has arrived. Actually, I picked it up last week Monday but I've been so busy training a new employee and at month end to boot, that I've not had time to post about it. This maching, although it's smaller and looks like a toy compared to my other machines, is all inclusive. I can use it like a regulare sewing machine plus it has pretty much the same decorative and stretch stitches and button hole stitches as my dead Baby Lock but this one also Embroiders and free hand quilting. Now, I just have to learn how to use it. Thank goodness, they give you 6 free classes with this machine. The don't start until June 7th and there are 4 sewing classes and 2 embroidery classes. That's a whole month away for the regular sewing classes and two months away for the embroidery classes. I just may have to try to figure it out on my own. The sewing, I can do but the embroidery, that's a whole new game for me. I did find one thing that I do not like about this machine is the foot pedal. It's so hard to press down. I hope it will loosen up with time.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Alrighty well you answered one of my questions. I was going to ask you if a Brother was a good machine.
Believe it or not my Kenmore ( The same one you have,the old one) is dying.

I just want a basic,low priced machine. No embroidering. But I want to be able to do more than a straight stitch which is all my Kenmore will do anymore.

I have one more curtain to alter and the motor is going, I don't think it's going to make it!

Let me know what you think. I can only imagine how you are feeling, dying to get into the "New Machine"!
Have fun! Love Di ♥

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

Hi Di, I was told by the lady where I bought my machine that Bernina and Brother are the top two rated machines by Consumer Reports. I have not checked this out myself. I bought a Brother simply because of what this particular model does and the price. I bought a Singer for my girls to share for $100 and it does what my Kenmore does. About 12stretch stitches, overcasting, button holes, zig zag, etc. Nowadays, if you want just a basic machine, the basics are now what used to be advanced. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I am so happy sis now you can get to work you slacker! LOL
oh by the way, I have a Brother sewing machine and i love it. Got it at Wal-Mart, it has like 13 different stitches and is a nice machine, no problems so far...and it is 7 years old, maybe older...I forget!

Burrell said...

Yay for new toys! Hope you get a chance to use it soon...