Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 3rd

I turned 50 years old last Saturday. I've always been told that I don't look my age. My job requies me to be on the phone a lot and sometimes you get to know the people you call on a regular basis and they too are shocked to learn that I have grandchildren. They say, "I pictured you to be in your mid 20's". There's no point to the comment above. It was just a way to start out this post.

The day started at 7:30 am. This is sleeping in for me as I am usually up by 5. Brent and I went to Breakfast, then we met the kids and grandkids at the bowling alley. The rest of the afternoon I was on my own, searching fabric stores near and far (far being about 10 miles away)for a particular fabric. I couldn't find it. I can't remember where I bought it so I had to shop all the stores to look for it again. When I got home about 3 hours later, Brent decided we needed to go out to dinner. We both love Texas RoadHouse so that's where I picked. Dinner was delicious as usual. After dinner, a friend from California was in town so she came to visit. I had a wonderful day.

What I got:


Brent bought me a brand new pair of bowling shoes. I didn't need a new pair but I saw them and just had to have them. My daughter said they look as though they were made just for me.

Homemade cards from my daughter Jenny and from my grandkids Zach and Aubrey. Both made cards with pictures of us bowling together. Kim gave me a singing card to the toon of "Bye Bye Love" It has a bunch of old ladies on it and says "Bye-Bye youth, Bye-Bye Memory, Bye-Bye spicy food, I think it's time to cry...)


Zach, Aubrey and Mollie gave me this Snuggli. It's great for those chilly days at my desk in this cold office of mine. Kim and her husband and Jenny, her husband Matt and my grandson Jase gave me money to buy another American Girl doll. This will be number 5.


I bought this for myself. It's a high definition, full 1080p digital video camera with 10 mega pixel camera. It's about the size of my cell phone. Now I can take video and put it on my blog. (If I can figure it out)

5 comments:

Jerelene said...

Hi Terrie! I spoke to your sister on the phone the other night. I was her pen-pal for the month. I was worried about her and wondering how she was doing after her surgery. I am so glad that things went well. She is such a sweet person. She told me how talented you were at sewing and crocheting. You are definately very talented!! We've been studying about Holland, so all your previous posts about your family and your trip to Holland were very interesting to me..I LOVED all the pictures. I had been meaning to come and visit your page after I saw Diana's dolls and just hadn't made it here yet.
It is so nice to meet you and I will definately be adding you to my list of friends :)
You have a lovely family...especially the sweet grandbabies!
Have a wonderful week!!
Jerelene

Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Auntie you are the best. I love you! Glad to see you have a terrific day.

Unknown said...

My sweet sis, I am so sorry I missed your BD this year. I am sooo sorry. I haven't even gotten you a thing for your BD either. I am a SLUG! I will make it up to you somehow! I LOVE YOU and HAPPY late 50th Birthday!

Diana said...

Hi Terrie,
I am so sorry that I am late. I saw your post the other night and said to myself that I would comment the next morning. I just forgot. No excuse really. But I want to wish you a very happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I think my favorite would have been shopping for fabric! I love your bowling shoes, very nice. We used to bowl and were on a league years ago, but my hands got really bad and had to give it up! Happy, happy birthday to you Terrie!
Love Di

Diana said...

P.S. Terrie, I forgot to say that I love your new background!
Love Di