Thursday, August 27, 2009

Random stuff

Monday, I received a call for an order for doll clothes. This woman ordered 8 items and also wants to just see what stuff I have on hand. One of the items she ordered is a fur trimmed coat. I asked her what color she wanted and she told me purple. So, I went and bought purple. Being the smart person I am, I also purchased blue and pink. She called me Tuesday morning at 7 am and asked if I had already purchased the fabric. I told her yes but no problem, (Here I am thinking she is going to cancel the order)Instead, she changed her mind and wants red. I wasn't sure if they had red so I told her I would call that night to confirm. I found the red, purchased it and cut it out. Wednesday morning I was at my sewing machine at 5:30 am working on the list of items I had to make for her. At 7 am, she called again! "Oh, I really want pink" was her request. I told her that since I was already half way through making it, my deadline of Thursday would have to be delayed another day. She agreed to come on Tuesday 9/1 instead because of out of town guests. Yippeeee, I have the entire weekend to work on her items as well as make a few extra's just in case! Always please the customer!

Di, I have managed to sneak in one little outfit for one of your dolls too! I will have the other two outfits made up shortly and will send them to you soon.

Today, Brent had surgery to repair a couple of hernias. It's strange to me that when he is not under doctors' orders to rest, I can't get him off the couch. Now that he is under orders, I can't get him to sit still! What is is with men? BTW,he's doing just fine but I dread the next 10 days that he has taken off from work to recouperate. He cannot drive and that's what his job entails. It's going to be a very long 10 days!

Oh, and since my oldest daughter is lazy and doesn't post on her blog, I have been given permission to announce, she is pregnant. She's due in January and she just told us. She has been keeping it a secret, shame on her but it's a BOY. That will make two boys and two girls for her. Now we just have to figure out how she is going to go anywhere with 4 kids. I guess they will have to take two seperate cars every where they go. And, she is now working with me and my other daughter, working from home. No nepotism in this company!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Wow, you have been busy! First of all congratulations! Your gonna be a grandma again! Second, I will pray for you while your husband is home for ten days! Third, I will pray for your husbands speedy recovery!

It sounds like the order from that woman will keep you busy as well as confused! And Thank you Terrie I really didn't expect you to make the outfits, especially since you sound so busy! No hurry at all.

I think you need to find something to keep your husband busy that he can do while sitting! Can he cut pattern pieces, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea!

Love Di

Unknown said...

NO that wouldn't be a good idea! Well as long as he is off Terrie, give him a list of yummy things to cook for dinner! HE is a great cook and with your fabulous new kitchen it should be a wonderful chore for him! SORRY sis, I have BTDT and bob is having eye surgery to lift his lids cause it has caused his sight to no peripheral vision! he will be out of commission for as long too! Glad Brent is recovering, now I hope you will recover afterward!