Monday, June 29, 2009

Harvest time already?

I can't believe it's already time for reaping the benefits of my garden. Yesterday, I cut some swiss chard and cooked it for dinner. Yummmmyyy! I haven't had swiss chard in years and was so thrilled to find the starts at the garden store. I bought 8 plants and 7 survived. This was just enough fo rme and Brent to share. Brent also pulled the raddishes out and they too were so tasty. The onions were not planted this year but were planted last year. I've never planted onions before and last year when nothing came of the seeds that were planted, I figured I would not bother this year but low and behold, they grew this year. Brent couldn't wait to pull them up so even they were small, smaller than a gold ball, I cut them up and put them in the fried potatos. They too were delicious.
It's hard to believe that this:

Goes to this: (No, you didn't just get sudden blurry vision, that's the steam from the hot chard!)

And here are the raddishes and onions:

Don't you just love home grown?

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Hi Terrie...thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment...it's funny...I just saw the photo of you and Linda at her blog...You are welcome anytime...and yes I like home grown...but I didn't grow any raddishes for some reason...wish I had!

Unknown said...

OH sister! I have been coveting everyone's garden delights! We have zuchinni! lol and hopefully some tomatoes....the strawberries are looking a little ...well... puney...but I have some delicious green apples on my apple tree! They will make delicious apple treats and pie filling! I bet you are having fun with your new remodled kitchen!