Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm busier now than ever!

Now that I am unemployed, I seem to be busier now, more than when I was working all day long. I go more places and definately get more done and can't imagine working a full time job again. Honestly, I really don't want to get another job. I am going to try to swing things in my direction. Brent likes having dinner ready for him when he gets home but I don't know if that will be enough to pursuade him into living on a tighter budget. The only problem I have is that with me going more places, running more errands, I have to drive my car. Before, I drove my car about once a week, down to the store and back and only had to fill up the tank every 8 weeks or so. So far, I am at 4 weeks now between fill ups. Yes, I don't travel far outside my area. If I can't find what I need in Sandy or Draper, I will just do without...unless I can find it on the internet or QVC and have it delivered (but that takes planning ahead, which I sometimes am too impatient for)Back to my point about my car... I want a new one. I have had my Firebird for 13 years now. It still looks and drives like new and only has 81000 miles on it but Brent won't let me sell it. We also have a jeep wrangler sitting in our garage that he refuses to sell. It runs but is not licensed so I can't drive that. I am getting too old for my firebird. It's so low to the ground and the doors are so big that I need lots of room to open them up to get in and out of the car. Brent won't even get in it anymore but he says we cannot justify buying a new one for me because I don't drive enough. And now being unemployed, I couldn't afford it anyway. We could if we sold both the firebird and jeep though but I don't see that happening anytime soon. They will both just end up rotting away until they are worth nothing. Even antiques are worthless if they are all rusted out.

3 comments:

Kim Royer said...

Mother, seriously, you don't need a new car. And hello....why sell them when you have a daughter who has two pieces of S*&% that she can't rely on.

Unknown said...

lol that is funny! Hey you could be driving around a 2004 Lincoln Town Car made for old farts with a DUCK TAPED BUMPER that people alway stare at then start chuckling! Ya it is like class verses hillbillies! But I know what you mean about getting in and out of a LOW RIDAH!

The Brownings said...

Kimberly, you couldn't fit your kids into either of mom and dads cars anyways-why would they give them to you? Hello! She NEEDS a new car so that she can drive around her grandbabies! She deserves it!
Mom-I agree with you-I am absolutely dreading starting a new job and just don't have the guts to tell my husband that I won't do it :(