Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Well, I guess today really is Friday the 13th. I've been laid off my job. I've given my heart and soul to that company and it was all for nothing. The people that I hired or recommended be hired have all kept their jobs and stabbed me in the back. I guess that's what I get for being loyal. I've never learned how to be a manipulator and loyalty has never gotten me anywhere. What surprises me is that the owner of the company who just recently bought the business last fall (I will call him "L")raved about Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec, being "record" months but every Jan and Feb are slow in this industry. It's a given fact. But, even the stupid "Rah Rah" emails that the so called VP of Operations sends out daily mentioned on Friday how well March was turning out... So, as L is telling me that I'm the one to go, L mentions that we've lost three of our largest customers last year and he has no choice but to let two (of his best workers) go. The thing is, one of the customers went out of business, one was gone the year before because of something with the previous owner and the other one left about 3-4 months AFTER I stopped handling their account personally. This customer said they saw a decline in service. HMMMMM. In fact, I used to service the major clients personally because they requested me and when the VP of Operations decided to have everyone share the work and clients equally, ALL of our major client started sending less work. I'm just stating the facts here. Unfortunately, they are facts that the current VPO will never bring to L's attention. This and the fact that they kept someone that doesn't really do anything but watch the jobs as they come in and divide them up to the assignors, kept her job, maybe I don't want anything to do with this company anymore. Yes, I'm bitter but who wouldn't be?

3 comments:

The Brownings said...

Love you mom :)
We'll get through this together.
XOXOXO

Unknown said...

SUCH A REAL LOUSY WAY.... couldn't wait until Monday huh...so...if E and D are reading this...just remember...what goes around comes around, I am a firm believer in that...and you . . . whoever you are for getting this great gal FIRED are in for a real surprise, because she is worth more than you think and will probably well enough said...because I am just to dam nice of a person!

Unknown said...

Hey I am stinkin thinkin again, after reading this AGAIN, I think this should be forwarded to the VP! He should see in writing the FACTS someone is snowballing him and you know what, his butt is going to be burned, YEAH burned, and he may not see it right now, but in 3 or 4 months when business doesn't pick up....he will have to sell.....or just quit! I hope the latter happens!